Thank you for your interest in the American Women’s Club! For over 50 years our club has brought together those with a connection to America, whether they be American, Finnish, or International, within the greater Helsinki area.
All club events and communication are conducted in English, and our club year runs from September to May.
7 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Friendship: Create lasting friendships and and enjoy camaraderie with Americans and other like-minded women in Finland.
2. Networking: Our members are well connected and diverse. With your membership you gain exclusive access to our whole community through events and a private Facebook group.
3. Culture: Explore Helsinki with us. As a members you can join our monthly tours to the Helsinki area's many historical cultural institutions and exhibits. Broaden your mind with local and international art, music, food, architecture, and more.
4. Intellectual Curiosity: Our monthly general meetings feature prominent Finnish and International speakers that bring lively discussions about the topics of the day. In the past we have explored such topics as the United States' diplomatic history to how to write a memoir. Come and learn something new!
5. Community: You have many passions and interests, and so do our members! As a member you will access to our English-language interests groups, which include a book club, gourmet cooking, handicrafts, bridge, and more.
6. Connection: Receive our monthly newsletter, resources and event invitations to connect digitally with your peers.
7. Access: With membership, you have priority access to our numerous events throughout the year. We are frequently able to offer our members discounted pricing as well!
The American Women's Club in Finland has two types of membership, American (full) and International (associate).
The club year runs from September to May. All memberships become effective only after payment of annual dues (€35 per year). Dues can be paid to the club bank account or in person at a meeting. Dues are discounted for those joining after the new year.